Monday, November 30, 2009



This angel was made  from an antique newel post and stands 51" tall. I enjoyed the process more because I know her new owner and felt free to add a few elements that I knew she would appreciate.  She has layers upon layer of paint as I searched for her color. She tried on pink and green and a yellow green and black......  I wanted to draw attention to her lovely shape by painting her parts different colors but only made her look like she belonged in a circus.  She wasn't pleased.  Finally after hours of painting and looking and standing with much toe tapping I found her color and she began to smile.  She has gone to the most beautiful home where she will be loved and will spend her life watching over her family of giant dogs, Great Danes and Newfoundlands, and various other creatures and humans who come and go.  She can look out over a beautiful lake in the wooded foothills of the Rockies when she isn't busy keeping an eye on Lea.  Lea will keep her busy, as she is always going here and there and trying this and that, and wears her heart on the outside. 
Psalm 91
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling

even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.


2 comments:

  1. Anita she this is fantastic!!
    Thanks for stopping by this morning, that is my prayer too! To slow down, to hear!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita,

    "Found you" at Cart Before the Horse and just have to tell you that I love this doll!! She is beautiful!

    And....I turned 55 last year and it's not so bad!

    I need to take Jane's class...one of these days!

    Annette-Confounded Concoctions

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment of your life to peek into mine...Please say hi

Powered By Blogger

Labels