Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving




I took a tutorial from Jane DesRosier (Gritty Arts Studio) to learn how to make this tiny doll.  Her teaching style is so fun and relaxed.    She is only 6 inches tall.


Jane is one of the many people I find myself thankful for this season of Thanksgiving.  I have learned a lot from her about art, but more  importantly, I have learned more about trusting God.  Jane has been transparent about some things in her life that most of us struggle with but keep hidden in our hearts closet.  I have watched her grow through things faster than anyone I have known.   She wears her faith where everyone can see and Glorifies God with her artwork, often including scripture in it.  She has been through many changes and outright battles since I have come to know her but has remained on the narrow road.   Always generous and encouraging. 

I have to mention the snowman head is in a tiny vintage Japan childs tea cup....2"wide...did I tell you that Jane taught me to sculpt with paper clay....I am loving it!




Trust in the Lord with all of your heart
lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
                                    Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment of your life to peek into mine...Please say hi

Powered By Blogger

Labels