Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Star of Wonder


O Star of wonder, star of night


Star with royal beauty bright


Westward leading, still proceeding


Guide us to thy Perfect Light



I came across this antique silk quilt a few years ago.  It is entirely hand stitched with tiny black stitches.  I have not seen this pattern (on the order of the pineapple pattern) but each block looks like a star of Davit so I cut it apart and made them into Christmas ornaments.   They measure about 12 inches across.  I hand stitched antique tinsel garland around the edge.
Because the silk is so fragile I had to make a
large opening in the back to turn it.  This I closed
with vintage mother of pearl buttons.  Then I
stiffened the back to keep the shape .

2 comments:

  1. Anita what a great idea - they are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again your creative juices overflow and create something so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment of your life to peek into mine...Please say hi

Powered By Blogger

Labels